Samantha Lucas delivers the magic and thrills of true, soul-felt love. ~ The Romance Studio
Love my blogs? Blog Lovin' is a great way to follow and not miss a post.

Why I'm writing BDSM

I'm officially in edits on The Seduction of Anne Ruby. I did the first run through the other day sitting out by the pool and should have them finished up completely in the next few days once I return to Virginia.

Scheduled release date for this book is March 28th from Siren Publishing and it's my first BDSM romance!

D/s (dominance and submission) is such a fascinating, complex and deeply passionate reality. Most people won't ever truly understand it. Especially in our culture, people hear the "word" BDSM and they think x-rated sexapalooza kink fest. I suppose there is that aspect to it, but what I am writing about is the more potent side, one I only recently discovered myself and that I am completely enamored by.

The relationship between the dom and the sub is like an intricately choreographed dance. A dom needs his sub as much as the sub needs her dom. They aren't complete without one another and yet together, they do find that sense of completion much of our society craves and that is a powerful and beautiful thing!

It takes an extremely strong person to submit to another so the generic belief that a submissive is weak is laughable. Just the same as assuming a dom is just an asshole who wants to grind another under his boot heel. You will find both the stereotypes in the BDSM world, but that is because as with anything in life, there is a wide array of personalities drawn to the world. You have your good you have your bad. I'm writing about when it works. When you find that unique blend of two people that have that exact right connection and are able to gain a level of trust that allows this relationship to blossom and flourish.

The other thing most don't ever understand is how much power the sub actually has in this type of relationship. A good dom's first rule of thumb is to protect his sub at all cost, the second is to pleasure her to the depths of her soul. A true dom gets his fix from seeing the level of passion he can bring his sub to, not on seeing how much he can degrade her into nothingness. A true skilled dom knows how to play a sub just right, sending her deep into subspace so that all that exists for her, is him. A good functioning dom/sub relationship makes each person more than, stronger, more whole than they are alone and I personally find that to be a beautiful thing.

 A D/s relationship can be utterly bone deep satisfying unlike any vanilla relationship can even hope for and I think all those things, make D/s far more interesting than the ties, chains and whips most people expect to see in a bdsm story, but those are of course fun too. ;-)

If you want to know more about D/s please contact me, I always love to hear from people and check out The Seduction of Anne Ruby when it arrives March 28th exclusively at Siren Publishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive