Samantha Lucas delivers the magic and thrills of true, soul-felt love. ~ The Romance Studio
Love my blogs? Blog Lovin' is a great way to follow and not miss a post.

Money vs Passion

It's no secret that I've recently restarted my entire life and money is an issue for me right now. I'm a smart, talented woman though and I do know how to make my life succeed using my writing as my main source of income, but today, I find myself in a bit of a quandary. Although even as I write this, I know what I have to do.

I'm at a fork in the road if you will.

A place I find myself often, the divergent path of mind and heart.

My mind has come up with a very solid writing plan to get me solidly on my feet and most likely garner me a well respected career as an author.

My heart however, wants something else.

Right now, more than anything else in the world, I'm passionate about D/s I'm involved with it personally and I'm meeting more and more people everyday who are lost in it or think it may be calling to them and not know how to go about it. While I am constantly reminding myself, I cannot save the world, in this, I really don't want to save anyone, but rather, educate and I think I can do that with my writing.

The other passion I have is for women, much like myself, in that strange place in life where the kids are grown and you still have SO much life, but you've spent the past twenty years being "mom" and...
now what? Many of us in that boat are divorced, most of us in the divorced with grown kids boat still want the fairy tale... I want to touch the hearts of these women and give them a moment where they see themselves and realize it is NEVER to let to go after your dreams and find love!

Me being me of course, I have chosen the heart path. I'll be sticking with the Seduction series as my stories of women waking up to their lives and all the possibilities therein. I'll also be introducing a new series, A Submissive Longing, these stories will be about women of any age recognizing that need inside them to submit and learning that in submission, is great strength and beauty.

There may not be as much money, praise, or accolades down this path, but I'll touch lives and at the end of the day, that's all I really care about anyway. :)

So keep your eyes open for the next two Seduction books

  • The Seduction of Destiny Rhode (available July 24th from Siren Publishing)
  • The Seduction of Tabitha Geary (release date TBA)
Also be on the lookout for my newest series, A Submissive Longing sometime this fall.

And in your personal life... always follow your heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive